January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!



If you have never worshipped long enough and loud enough to lose your voice, I highly recommend it. It's probably not the best thing for your vocal chords, but what's the use of vocal chords anyway, if you can't use them to praise the One who made you? It is truly a beautiful thing when a perfectionist like myself can let go and sing as loud as I can, disregarding whether I am on key or not, tears of joy streaming down my face, and know without a doubt that it is a beautiful sound to my Lord. This was what I did for New Year's. I couldn't think of a better way to usher in 2011.



As part of Campus Crusade for Christ's winter conference, over 1,000 college students gather together and pray together from 11:30pm December 31st to 12:15am January 1st. We don't do the "real" countdown, but instead spend that time in prayer, praying for our campuses, our cities, and our world. Then we have our own countdown, and spend an hour in amazing praise and worship before moving into another room for a dance party that lasts until 3am.


A little something I did in the art expression room. :)

I have been a part of this winter conference for 3 years, and they have been the 3 best New Year's celebrations I have ever had. Who needs a big, flashy ball on television when you can close your eyes and imagine the glory of Christ? What is the use of noise makers when you're in a room full of students singing praises at the top of their lungs? Why have shiny party hats and crazy glasses, when simply raising your hands can make you feel so loved?



I'm not a fan of New Year's resolutions, due to the fact that I don't know anyone who has ever kept one, and I simply think they're dumb. We can't do anything to change ourselves, anyway. Instead, I have decided to take what I've learned at the conference and ask God to help me be more of a prayer warrior, constantly running to him for guidance, help, praise, requests, and thankfulness - all at the drop of a hat. This is not a resolution. This is a life change that I know I will not fail to make, due to the fact that God is going to help me make it. So seriously, if you have anything that you would like prayer for, I would absolutely LOVE to pray for you. :)

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I Thess. 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment