November 14, 2010

First Apartment

So yeah, we've been in our first apartment for over a year already, but sometimes it takes that long to fully set up and get things the way you want it. :) It is truly a blessing that we get to live here, in the basement of a lady's house. It does have its quirks and its difficulties, but it continually reminds me of God's provision and graciousness. Let's just say that I am learning a great lesson about contentment!

Living Room/Dining Room/Office




That brown thing is a space heater - we don't get any heat downstairs. :)


(fyi, that is Chris' electronic dartboard on the wall)





Kitchen Cabinets (a.k.a. hall closet)



Bedroom/Kitchen




Yes, that is my kitchen. Complete with two burners and a mini fridge! (oh, and did I mention that the electricity can only handle one burner on at a time?)

Bathroom





Storage (a.k.a. water heater room)



Our Little Porch





Like I said, it definitely has its difficulties, but we do the best we can with what we have. We are truly blessed, and will always look upon our first place with fond memories. Shoot, I won't even know what to do with myself when I have a real kitchen! And an oven!! Oh my goodness! Don't even get me started about the dishwasher ... :)

Hopefully, we will continue living here until we graduate in May. After that, we'll be moving to another apartment in the High Point/Greensboro area. If you know of any good places, let us know!!

"I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of being content in every situation, whether full or empty, with plenty or little. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:12-13

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it is super cute!
    I love your headboard.
    Hey, anytime you want to cook in an oven or unload a dishwasher... come on over. ;)
    Heather Bland

    ReplyDelete