November 8, 2010

Church Family

God has been more than faithful in providing Chris and I with the most amazing church family. Church of the Redeemer in Greensboro, NC is an amazing place. There are only 100 or so attendees, we don't have our own church building, and yet for the first time in my life I have truly come to understand that term of Christian "family".

I have always been involved in church, starting from my very earliest memories. I have been in choirs, plays, worship teams, sunday school, Bible study, etc. Our church now doesn't even have a choir or sunday school, yet the amount of welcome and acceptance and belonging that I have experienced here surpasses anything I have felt before.

This belonging has come at a crucial point in my life (most definitely due to the hand of God), as I transition from young girl in college to married young woman. The women in the church have opened their homes and hearts to me, offering their wisdom and guidance. The pastors all take the time to teach me and help me learn, furthering my understanding of theology and philosophy. The young children with their bright eyes and beautiful smiles warm my heart and love me in a way that only children can. This is my church, and this is my family.









No comments:

Post a Comment