December 10, 2010

Smith Library



This is where I live. As in, I am positive that I have physically been in this building more this week than I have been in my own house. And there's not even flowers outside anymore. It's a high of 34 and the water fountain is frozen (which is actually kinda cool). Also, due to my life revolving around this building, I have not gotten more than 5 hours of sleep on any given night. And 5 is the absolute max. I have a final tomorrow morning at 8:30am, so I will be getting 7 hours tonight. Woo hoo!

Surprisingly, I am actually doing pretty well. Besides the random things that make me overly emotional (like reading some particularly sad research for my counseling paper), I feel like I'm functioning rather normally. (And by overly emotional, I mean that it makes me want to cry. And not because I am hormonal. Because I am extremely sleep deprived.) God definitely created an amazing thing when he created the human body. Just watch a few episodes of House and you'll understand. My ability to cope with things is amazing. Now obviously, I attribute this to God's grace and provision, but I also recognize his pre-provision in creating me with such an amazing stamina. I mean, you don't realize what your mind is capable of until you hit a hard exam week your senior year of college. This is truly amazing to me.

P.S.- I am writing this while waiting on Chris to finish making copies. In the library, of course. I will be going home and to bed as soon as he's done. Unfortunately, he will not be going to bed. 10-page paper due tomorrow night = very little sleep for Chris. We're almost done!

"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!" - the little blue engine that could

No comments:

Post a Comment