March 6, 2011

Twenty One

I recently celebrated my 21st birthday, and thought that I would commemorate it by listing 21 things that I am thankful for. I am also including some pictures from the festivities. :)



1. I am thankful for a God who loves me and cares about me personally and has blessed me with 21 years of life.
2. I am thankful for an amazing, handsome husband who loves me and cares for me.
3. I am thankful for my wonderful friends who support me and help me grow.
4. I am thankful for a loving family who, although they are not perfect, are a very important and wonderful part of my life.
5. I am thankful for my health and my well-being that I often take for granted.





6. I am thankful for God's provision with our first apartment that had a very low rent.
7. I am thankful for getting to move to another apartment soon that has a real kitchen. :)
8. I am thankful that I have never truly been in need, nor have I ever wanted for anything.
9. I am thankful for being born in America where I can get a college degree without even a huge strain on my family or my finances.
10. I am thankful that God led me to HPU where I love my degree program, my professors, and my friends.



11. I am thankful for the desire that God has placed in my heart to work with nonprofit organizations to meet people's needs around the world (both physically and spiritually).
12. I am thankful for the little things that bring me joy: crafting, organizing, scrapbooking, etc.
13. I am thankful for laughter and for tears, because they both bring us closer to understanding the God that loves us.
14. I am thankful for the warmth and light of the sun that never ceases to lift my spirits and make me smile.
15. I am thankful for music that speaks to me and comes out of me with something more powerful than words.



16. I am thankful for God's beautiful creation that is always changing, always beautiful, and always inspiring.
17. I am thankful for relaxation and the word "no" that reminds me that I do not always have to be running, I do not always have to please everyone, and that God does not require me to do everything.
18. I am thankful for organization, because it de-stresses me and makes me happy and content with the world.
19. I am thankful for imperfections (although I'll admit that some days I am less thankful than others), because they are God's markings on us that let us know that we are special and unique.
20. I am thankful for pictures that capture moments to be savored for years and passed down for generations.



21. I am thankful for the perspective where I can be thankful for 21 things (and many more) without even having to think about it.

Thank you God for 21 years of Your presence and 21 years of Your blessings. I look forward to all the years I will spend with You from now through eternity. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment