June 19, 2011

Oh, Summertime

I have gotten to participate in quite a few fun summertime activities lately! I got to go running with Sarah and Krista, hang out at the pool with lots of people on multiple occasions, celebrate my husband's 22nd birthday, see a midnight movie, and lots of other things. Among them, I still have to work, which is not quite as fun, but is important. :) Monday, Wednesday, Friday I watch Will all day. This equals lots of pool time, movies, reading sessions and hopefully some upcoming visits to the zoo! He is a super sweet kid who loves life and loves to pretend he's a super spy. He also happens to have downs syndrome, which is why he still needs someone to watch him at age 12, but he is such a sweetie and his smile warms my heart! I also watch a 10-month-old on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which I am trading for my counseling sessions. :)





Here is the cake I made for Chris' birthday! It was super fun to make, but tip: don't try to put strawberry slices on a slanted cake top. The juices make them slide right off. :)



Chris and I also drove to Pennsylvania on Saturday to attend some good friends' wedding. It was beautiful, and we had a great time! Congratulations Damon & Tonya!





Tomorrow, Chris and I leave to fly to Wyoming to climb Gannett peak, so wish us luck! We'll be back in July, and there will probably be several more posts about our adventure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment