November 6, 2011

Memoir

So I have started a new project - writing a memoir of sorts relating my life and all that has happened in it. It is not a happy story, but it is a beautiful one with a happy ending because of God's infinite grace and love. I write it for myself and my own cathartic purposes, but I will allow anyone to read it who wishes to. My goals: fully processing my past, a chance to let go, and the time to stop and reflect on exactly how amazing and awesome and wonderful our God is. I will not post it on here, but you can ask me if you want to read it (but not yet because I've only just started on it). I will, however, give you my little introduction. :)

Right now, my life is good. Not perfect – no one’s ever is. Not easy – I don’t think anyone over the age of 13 sees their life as easy, although some have easier lives than others. No, there are plenty of struggles and hardships in my life, but it is good. There was a time in my life, however, when things were not so good. I wasn’t starving, homeless, walking ten miles to get water, or anything like that. But I was caught in an emotional blizzard that threatened to take me away forever. I tried to bury myself to escape the continual onslaught of the despair, depression and devastation that was my life. Thankfully, God chose to work through my pitiful self and bring me to where I am today. I don’t typically dwell on past horrors, or really even remember them at all, but I think that God gave us memories for a reason. They teach us about ourselves, about the world, and about people. But most importantly they show us what we need to know about God – His character, His justice and His unending love. So here is my story. The beautiful good and the disgustingly ugly. May all praise and honor be to Him who holds us each in His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment