April 15, 2010

Ministry

I came to the realization the other day, that quite a bit of my time is spent doing ministry-type stuff. I mean, not that it's bad, but it's just rather interesting. For the first time, I really feel like my life is more focused on Christ - not because I'm really good at focusing my life, but because the amount of time spent with other strong Christians and doing ministry stuff is kinda forcing me to have God at the forefront of my mind more often. It's a good feeling!

Thursdays are usually my most Jesus-work day. I have 3 different discipleship hours, and Bible Study in the evening. I get discipled by April, on staff with Campus Crusade, and I get to disciple two amazing ladies, Leeann and Heather. I really super enjoy hanging out with them and talking to them every Thursday. We hang out more than just Thursdays, but these discipleships are especially wonderful! Here is a picture of them:



Aren't they gorgeous? Even as I am challenging them and trying to help them grow as Christian women ("try" is the key word here), they are challenging me and helping me to grow as well. They truly are a blessing!

Although it is sometimes frustrating and tiresome, I truly enjoy working with Campus Crusade for Christ, and helping out at church. I really don't know what I would do without the call to further the Gospel. There truly is nothing better than knowing Christ and attempting to fathom the indescribable power of His Grace.

Now that I think of it, I will most likely be doing ministry work for the rest of my life. I might as well make it my career. If I'm not able to proclaim Christ and offer hope to those in need, then what am I doing? Thankfully, God created a passion in me for nonprofit work, and called me to major in Nonprofit Leadership & Management. With my husband Chris majoring in Religion and minoring in Psychology and Philosophy, I think we can work out some sort of ministry between the two of us. :) It never ceases to amaze me how we complement each other and balance each other out.

We're willing to go where God wants to take us, so don't be surpised if we suddenly end up doing something crazy, like moving to Ghana or something. The Jesus life is usually the crazy life, so watch out! Here I come! :)

2 comments:

  1. My job is done. heheh just kidding! Love you girl and can't wait to meet again since I haven't in two weeks!! (my fault)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay blogs!! Yay students with a passion for Jesus! Yay Jessie!! (and I guess Chris can get a Yay! too)

    ReplyDelete