April 13, 2010

Time? What time?

So when we first got married, we seemed to have so much more free time. I mean, our schedules really weren't that different, and I'm not sure how we did it, but we would spend hours together- watching movies, taking naps, having date-nights, etc. Suddenly, the loads of together-time has disappeared! If anyone happens to find it, let me know.

This is what today looked like: Good morning, baby. Hop in the shower, and I'll fix breakfast. Here's an egg-and-cheese bagel for the road, off to prayer meeting. Ok, you go work on your paper I'm going for a run, and then to run errands, and then to continue basically running for the rest of the day. Hey, here's lunch, I'm off to discipleship. Hope your class went well- I'll start dinner in a few minutes, as soon as I'm done with these emails. Oh, you suddenly have an intramural game at 6:30? Well, here's dinner to-go and I'll see you at Campus Crusade tonight. Will I make it to bed before 12 tonight? Probably not.

We still make time to be together, and we still have weekly date nights, although some dates it might be pushing it to call it a date. Well, I guess it's a date if you're in school, working, and trying to scrape in $700 a month. I really can't complain- God has truly blessed us in so many ways.

I am slowly learning to schedule my life around meal planning and preparation. My selfishness is always a battle, since I never seem to want to do the dishes, or anything else for that matter. But God (and Chris) are very patient with me, and I'm getting better. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment