May 8, 2010

End-of-Year Getaway

Since I am leaving tomorrow to go to Ireland for 2 weeks without my wonderful hubby, I had decided to plan a special day for the two of us before I left. So on Thursday, I woke Chris up at 5:30am, which is never really a good idea, unless there's a promise of wonderful things. He actually did quite well :)

We drove to Hot Springs, NC where I had planned several things to do for the day. First, we went hiking to Lover's Leap above the French Broad River.



We made our mark on one of the trees (it was dead) at the top of the ridge.



Then we drove down Love Road to get to Paint Creek Falls, where we swam in the freezing water! It took us a while to fully get in, but we did it!





We had a wonderful picnic lunch, and relaxed by the river for a long time. Then we went to the Hot Springs Resort & Spa where I had reserved a private tub for us. The water comes straight out of the ground at 100 degrees or more, and the force is enough to make it like an electric jacuzzi! It was really nice and relaxing, and we had a beautiful view of the river. Of course, to make it a little more romantic, I added chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling grape juice. :)





Then we ended the day by driving back to High Point and watching the midnight showing of Iron Man 2. A wonderful day with my wonderful man!

No comments:

Post a Comment