February 12, 2011

Craft Inspirations

I do not have the time (or the money) to do any new craft projects right now. BUT I have lots of great ideas about things I would like to do, so I wanted to document them. :)

First, I would like to refinish this coffee table that Chris and I got for $15 from Carolina Thrift. I want to stain it the dark turquoise color of the wall art (pictured below). A transparent stain, where the grain of the wood still shows through some. Currently, there is way too much brown in our living room. I have been accused of being too attached to that color, so turquoise here I come!







I also want to sew a dark turquoise pillow with beige leaves that looks kinda like this one:



I found this candlestick at Carolina Thrift that I think ties the theme together nicely without being too matchy-matchy. :)



I would also like to refinish this bedside table, also from Carolina Thrift. I haven't decided on antique white or black yet. Our bedroom is cranberry, grey, black and white. It won't get done for a long time, so I'm in no rush to decide.



Also on the list are stockings, a tree skirt, a pear pincushion (whenever I get a sewing machine), shell candle holders (I already have the shells), and some more things I don't want to upload pictures for. So I know this sounds very ambitious, but I'm sure it will take me 125 years to ever get around to doing it all. :)



2 comments:

  1. I'll be painting things white this summer, if you want to come over and paint too! :) I know you are thinking about adding blue to things.... :)!

    ReplyDelete