February 12, 2011

My Favorite Things

So, my last post was a bit of a downer. So, I decided to do one that focuses on the positive. I photographed some things that make me happy, make me smile. These are a few of my favorite things:

1. Real Simple. This magazine makes my type-A soul happy. My wonderful hubby got me a subscription for Christmas!! It focuses on ways to make your life more simple - tips for beauty, cleaning, cooking, organizing, and more. Oh, and did I say organizing? :)



2. Tea!! And not just green tea - all kinds! My personal favorites are chai (especially chai lattes, which I cannot make at home), earl grey, and lemon zinger. I will occasionally deviate and drink hot chocolate or apple cider, but since I very much dislike coffee, tea it is!!



3. Pandora. Music is one of the loves of my life, and I can play any music I want for free! Perfect!



4. Scrapbooking. This is my scrapbook drawer which, sadly, has seen very little use lately. Unfortunately, scrapbooking supplies cost money, and I need to acquire more before I can do my next project. Well, that and finish all my school work. :)



5. eChef. I found out about this program through Real Simple (perfect, I know), and it is amazing! It's a program that lets you enter in all your recipes and pictures, and it catalogs them. You can search for recipes based on ingredient, difficulty, time cooking, cooking method, type, etc. Then, if you pick out a couple recipes, it even combines the ingredients and creates a shopping list for you!! SO great! I haven't put all my recipes in yet, but I probably will once we get a real kitchen and I start cooking real meals. :)



6. My newest craft project. Well, not super new, but it's the most recent one. I am quite proud of myself! I repurposed a frame from Carolina Thrift by painting it and painting wire mesh to glue to it for organizing my earrings! So great!



7. My super cute Bible! My study Bible that I've had since forever was seriously falling apart, so I had to finally break down and get a new one. Why not get a cute one while I'm at it? And I think it was only $10 too!



8. Last but NOT least, MY AMAZING HUSBAND! He can always make me smile, no matter my mood, and he's way better than #1-7. He is clearly my favoritest of all!




p.s.- Leeann, since I know you will read this, you have my full permission to sing the song from The Sound of Music :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh-I will have to check out this e-chef thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing! You do have to pay for the software, but it's just a one-time fee to download it, and you get a license key so if you have to change computers you can download it again for free :)

    ReplyDelete