April 3, 2011

Asheville



A few weekends ago, I got to spend some time with my friend Hannah in Asheville. Of course, it decided to revert back to winter that weekend, so we didn't do any hiking or outdoorsy stuff. BUT we did hang out downtown. I haven't gotten to spend time in the city in for-e-ver and I forgot just how much I miss it! I was very spoiled, getting to grow up in a culturally-rich, beautiful city. High Point, Greensboro, and Winston-Salem simply don't compare to mountains, Appalachian pottery, hand-woven baskets and organic, locally-grown food. :)



We browsed through local shops, ate a delicious meal at Tupelo Honey Cafe and got dessert from the French Broad Chocolate Lounge. Delish! I love Asheville, and it will always hold on to that little piece of my heart that calls it home. Every time I go to Asheville for a vist, the sight of the mountains rising up on the horizon seem to me like arms reaching out to welcome me back. It's like they're saying, "You're home! Rest your weary eyes on our lush forests. Soothe your mind as we envelope you in our majesty. Rejoice in the God who created us simply for your pleasure! This is a place where you will always be welcome."

No comments:

Post a Comment