May 14, 2011

New Beginnings

These past couple of weeks have been absolutely insane!! The last week of classes held lots of scrambling and super late nights. Chris and I had projects to finish, papers to write, a few finals to take, and an apartment to move into. We had to/wanted to move out of our old place by graduation time, and thought that moving the day after classes were done would be a good idea. Friends would be available to help us, and we would have a week to set up before graduation. Silly, silly us.

We moved almost all of our stuff to our new place on Thursday (it is absolutely amazing how much stuff you can fit into a 2 1/2 room apartment). Friday, my mom and Bill came and brought our washer & dryer, guest bed, etc. Also, Chris and I both had finals Friday morning. Great life decision. Saturday we went strawberry picking with our church and then spent the rest of the day moving the last of our stuff from the old place and trying to unpack enough stuff so we could wear clothes the next day.

This is Leeann "helping"...


The next week was full of unpacking (which takes waaay longer than packing), taking advantage of as much free senior week food and activities as possible, and hanging out with friends. Friday and Saturday involved multiple graduation festivities, cookouts, luncheons, picnics, visits, etc. My dad stayed with us through Sunday, and then we finally got a little breather. Has it hit me yet, that I am done with undergrad? Nope. :)







Now, we are finally getting into the swing of things, setting up stuff at the apartment, diving into our jobs (Chris), looking for jobs (me), and beginning an active pursuit of Christian community and friends outside of HPU. This is a big transition in our lives that hasn't really hit us yet, but we're beginning to understand that we really are adults now (as if being 21, married, independent and completely responsible for ourselves wasn't enough to tell us that). I deal with change a lot more easily than Chris does, but this is a big one for both of us. Our entire perspective and outlook on how we do life is changing. I am excited about it, and the possibilities that it holds, but I know that it will take some work. I know that we are right where God wants us to be, so I look forward to all that is to come.

Here are some highlights of our new place!

Guest Bedroom/Office (bet you can't guess whose desk area is whose!)




LOOK! A KITCHEN!!! An oven, four burners, a full-sized fridge, cabinets, 2 sinks, counters... I'm in heaven!



I am lacking a pantry (hence the cardboard boxes you see) but Chris is going to build me one! He's the best :)



AND I can wash my clothes in my own home! LOVE it! And don't worry - I will be organizing this area soon. With so many things to organize, I am really enjoying myself! :)



These are my flowers and Chris' tomato plants, Harry and Lloyd.



We are currently refinishing a coffee table and a side table, so I will put up pictures when they are done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment